This summer´s favourite dish. I have nothing more to say. Serve it with tabbouleh or a green bean salad.
Ingredients: 15 medium sized tomatoes, 1 pack butter puff pastry, 30g cheese (a mature goat´s cheese is best), 1 tbsp olive oil, mixed herbs (I used Babette´s “Mélange Maison”, which contains rosemary, thyme, black pepper, sea salt, coriander, piment d´éspelette and allspice)
- Halve the tomatoes and remove the pips and the watery liquid inside.
- Toss with the herbs and olive oil, then arrange, cut side up, on a baking tray. Bake in the oven at 150°C (fan) for an hour.
- Take out the tomatoes from the oven and let them cool down a little.
- Line a 20cm diameter springform tin with baking parchment.
- Cut out a circle just slightly larger than the cake tin from the puff pastry
- Arrange the tomatoes, skin side down, in the cake tin.
- Scatter over the cheese
- Now place the puff pastry circle on top of the tomatoes and tuck in the edges around the tomatoes.
- Pierce with a fork a couple of times, then bake at 180°C (fan) for 30 minutes
- Take out of the oven, remove the tin side wall AND LET THE TATIN COOL DOWN A LITTLE BEFORE flipping the tatin. You do not want to burn yourself with the sizzling juices running onto your hands.
- Flip the tatin and serve.